«Life. Health. Victory»
The UAF Medical Service is a highly effective team of professionals thatuses previousexperiences to create progress.
Our mission is to save life and health of a soldier in daily activity, combat, and after discharge from the military. The main objective of the UAF Medical Service is to organize and ensure actions to maintain and promote health of the military, their families and other categories of citizens, as defined by the legislation of Ukraine.
Main Military Medical Directorate, the new strategic-level medical C2 agency, was established to ensure command and control of the Medical Service of the Ukrainian Armed Forces that would embrace NATO principles of medical support.
Medical Service of the Armed Forces of Ukraine consists of:
1 1. Main Military Medical Directorate;
Main Military Medical Directorate was created to organize medical support in the UAF, to manage the medical service, as well as to implement state policy in healthcare for the military, militaryfamilies, and other categories of citizens as defined by the legislation of Ukraine.
Main tasks of the of the Main Military Medical Directorate:
1) Ensure implementation of state policy on healthcare for the Ukrainian Armed Forces personnel, medical support to the military, their families, and other categories of citizens eligible to use MOD health care system;
2) Define, within its authority as established by the law, the priority lines of effort and forecasts for the future development and improvement of the health care system for the UAF soldiers, shape and organize provision of programs for development of the health care system for the Armed Forces for the peace time and the special period, public oversight of health care in the Ministry of Defense and Armed Forces;
3) Make sure that MOD medical facilities comply to the standards of medical care (medical standards), clinical protocols and other health care standards;
4) Organization of medical support for the Armed Forces in peace time and in the special period, development and provision of preventive, treatment, health resort treatment and rehabilitation activities aimed at maintaining health of the UAF soldiers;
5) Organization of command and control, planning and employment of forces and assets of the Armed Forces;
6) Development of the procedure of medical examinationsin the military, organization and oversight for it, provision of proposals on organization and provisionof military medical examination in the Armed Forces;
7) Management of healthcare facilities in the MOD system, development of terms of reference for such facilities and ensuring they maintain high combat and mobilization readiness and are ready to perform tasks as assigned;
8) Organization of health resort treatment for the active military and veterans of military service, their families, veterans of war, MOD civilian employeesand other categories of citizens eligible to use MOD health care facilities;
9) Organization of sanitation and epidemic welfare of the Armed Forces soldiers, sanitation and epidemic oversight of the subordinate territories, facilities, military installations and units;
10) Ensuring development of preventive branch of medical support for the Armed Forces, promotion of healthy lifestyle;
11) Ensuring accumulation of medical equipment and vehicles, provision of such vehicles and equipment to the Armed Forces and other military formations created in accordance with the laws of Ukraine in the special period;
12) Coordination and control over interaction of medical services of military commands of the Armed Forces and health care facilities of MOD in terms of medical support to the UAF;
13) Coordination of research and educational activities of Ukrainian Military Medical Academy, disaster medicine departments, and military medicine departments of higher medical education institutions of the Ministry of Health and military medical training in the Armed Forces;
14) Organization of award (confirmation) of qualification categories for the personnel of medical and pharmaceutical specialties;
15) Organization and provision of research and rationalization activities, implementation of the results and NATO standards when providing medical support to the Armed Forces;
16) Organization of provision of military medical use items to the Armed Forces.
Main Directorate is subordinate to the Minister of Defense of Ukraine and is maintained commensurate with the strength of the Armed Forces. In terms of planning, employment, command and control of forces and assets, and training of the Medical Service of the Armed Forces, Main Directorate is subordinate to the Chief of General Staff – Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
Structure of the Main Military Medical Directorate:
- Command of the Main Military Medical Directorate
- Operational-Medical Directorate
- Treatmental-evacuation Directorate
- Medical Supply Directorate
- HR, Training, and International Cooperation Directorate
- Financial Service
- Administrative Branch
- State Secrecy Service
Address: 6 Povitroflotsky Avenue, Kyiv, 03168
2 2. Medical Service of the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- Land Forces Medical Service
- Air Forces Medical Service
- Navy Medical Service
- Airborne Medical Service
- SOF Medical Service
5 (UA) Військово-лікарські комісії
(UA) Центральна військово-лікарська комісія
01133, м. Київ-133, вул. Госпітальна, 16 (044) 529-45-46
Військово-лікарська комісія Північного регіону
м. Харків, вул. Культури, 5 (057) 702-00-99
Військово-лікарська комісія Центрального регіону
21038, м. Вінниця-038, вул. Свердлова, 185 (0432) 53-26-03
Військово-лікарська комісія Південного регіону
65044 , м. Одеса, вул. Пироговська, 2 (048) 722- 67-20
Військово-лікарська комісія Західного регіону
79031, м. Львів, вул. Стрийська, 73 (032) 223-42-74
8 MOD Preventive Medicine Service
MOD Preventive Medicine Service was established within the MOD Medical Service to provide oversight of organization of sanitation and epidemic welfare of the UAF personnel and to provide sanitation and epidemic oversight in subordinate territories, facilities, military installations and units. Sanitation and epidemic oversight is a set of measures provided by the Preventive Medicine Service in order to oversee if legal entities and private individuals adhere to sanitation legislation in order to prevent, identify, reduce or mitigate harmful impact of dangerous factors on the health of the UAF personnel and to use legal actions against those who violate them. Preventive Medicine Service consists of the Central Sanitation and Epidemiology Directorate of MOD and five regional Sanitation and Epidemiology units.
General command and control of the Preventive Medicine Service is provided by the Chief of the Central Sanitation and Epidemiology Directorate of the Ministry of Defense.
Main tasks of the Preventive Medicine Service:
- Ensure sanitation and epidemic welfare of the UAF personnel;
- Provide sanitation and epidemic oversight for the territories, facilities, military installations and units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- Lessons from the practice of exercising legislation to provid sanitation and epidemic welfare, developing proposals on implementation of this legislation in the Ministry of Defense and the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- Identify priority tasks on prevention of infectious diseases and mass non-infectious diseases (poisonings), occupational diseases, preventing harmful environmental impact on the health and life of the UAF personnel;
- Analyze causes and conditions for sanitation and epidemic issues (spread of infectious disease, occupational disease, mass non-infectious disease occurrences (poisonings), prepare proposals on prevention of such situations, provide oversight of the appropriate activities; coordinate hygiene education for the military;
- Coordinate activities in the military commands, formations, units, military educational facilities, institutions and organizations of the UAF in terms of sanitation and epidemic welfare;
- Methodological guidance on adherence to the sanitation laws in military commands, formations, units, military education facilities, institutions and organizations of the UAF.
10Medical points of the Units, military ships, military educational institutions;
12Medical points of the Units;
13 Ukrainian Military Medical Academy and disaster medicine and military medicine departments;
Brief information: Ukrainian Military Medical Academy is the higher military medical education institution of the IV accreditation level with the right to train and retrain military physicians with a degree of a Specialist and Master of Medicine (Pharmacy) (including foreign citizens), as well as a research and treatment center of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine.